Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Letting Go




I did it. I let him go. I was able to pull it together until I got back in the car...then the tears came.


I just keep thinking how it will never be the same. We can't go back, no more long days together, no more lunches with the big brother at the table with us. No more days at our leisure, going where we please when we want. No more waking up when the day is new and saying to ourselves "What do we want to do with this one day, this day here?"  and then doing it. Having thoughts in the back of my mind that one day he will be in school, one day I will miss this. That day is here. Now I'm saying to myself, "It will be okay, just breathe..."

It will be okay. He's ready. He did great. No tears, just happy about having his own desk. 

I do find a certain peace knowing he's at a great school. We made a last minute decision to enroll him at Dayton Christian. Our apartment is dirt cheap with it's rent which made it something we could afford, and it's right across the street from the school!

I love that the principal prayed over us when we went in to meet her. I love that they have bible verses on their desks. I love that they are teaching these littles that they are special, created by God to do good for Him.  Love that. Because they are. They each have a reason, a purpose for being here. And they need to know that. 



And every Monday the moms meet to pray for their littles. How cool is that?


Before we dropped him off we stopped for donuts.  Because it's not every day you have you have your first day of first grade.






And daddy was there too. Donuts are always better when daddy can come!



He's ready.

It went quick, those first six and a half years. Go hug a little for it goes fast.
I'm off to play trains and color with my two other littles. Because it won't be long before they are off and on their way.

 
XOXO,
Angie




2 comments:

  1. So true! Isaac starts Friday. I am so happy who his teacher is and the school itself, but the fact that he is going to be gone for almost 35 hours a week is killing me. He need the stimulation I feel I haven't been able to provide lately but I hate that it will be so much time away. I think that is going to be the hardest part of the whol parenting shindig.... the letting go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SO near my old stomping grounds!! Ah, I'm proud of you. He's a handsome fella, too. What a big day - for all!

    ps - Need doughnuts.

    ReplyDelete