Friday, August 5, 2011

Any Given Day

So far today I'm still in my after-workout, before shower- clothes. And it's three o'clock in the afternoon. I've done two loads of laundry, made three beds, helped build cars out of Lego's, swept the kitchen floor and wiped down the table, twice.  I haven't eaten lunch and the living room I just picked up and vacuumed is now the site of a stuffed dog's birthday party. Seriously, just cleaned it.  Before I roll my eyes and ask the boys to leave the living room just as they found it,  I'm going to step back, take a deep breath and remember it won't always be like this!  Someday I will clean the house and it will stay that way. I will probably cry my eyes out....OK, probably not right away but give it a couple of months! I will probably start asking random parents if they need a sitter, that they look like they need a night out without the kids.  Is that weird? Probably... 

Moving on...

A conversation last night with Joe about 'living the dream' had me thinking about just that. Living the dream. I told him that I absolutely am living my dream. It made me sad when he didn't believe me! True, life circumstances right now are definitely not ideal, like when the heck are we going to get out of this apartment and well, that's about the biggest frustration right now, but still, I get to be with my three little people all the live long day. And while, yes, I sometimes count the minutes until daddy walks through the door at five o'clock-ish, it's still my dream. It's going by waaaay too fast and I know that someday we will look back on this time and think those were the best years.  I don't have a 'pause' button for Life but I do have a few pictures of a typical day. A day that one day I will look back on and want to relive. A blessed 'normal' day in our home.

On any given day...




We play in the tub...




We play doctor...


We look for a good book...








We rig up 'trains'...




We phone our friends and put our babies to bed...



We hit up DQ after VBS...




It really won't always be like this so I'm gonna go celebrate a stuffed dog's birthday party.



That is all for now.


Happy Friday, friends!

XOXO,
Angie

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! I love the pictures. Your babies are beautiful and your words...so wise! We are living a dream, aren't we? : ) Trust me, even when the kids are 11, they will still make the house messy! : ) You are right though, so soon they will be gone.

    ReplyDelete