Friday, October 21, 2011

Happiness Wins

We were grumpy. There was whining coming from the backseat. Some cold shoulder action in the front. I'm not sure what had us all out of sorts but it wasn't pretty and the fact that I can't remember what the deal was calls to it's insignificance. I'm a believer in Life being what you make it. It isn't hard to feel that way...until days like this. It's easy to accept that when kids are polite, the mortgage is paid and you're having a good hair day. Days like this, not so much. But I'm the mama. I hold the happiness gage in the palm of my hand. It's humbling to realize that. I have the power to make this a vivid, happy memory, forever in their minds.


As we rolled into the gravel driveway of Young's Dairy I felt the shift. I noticed smiles on faces, excitement in their voices.




I saw the scale start to tip in favor of happiness. Grumpiness was on its way out.


I love this picture of Gabe. It's his I-can-carry-this-heavy-load-all-on-my-own face. And I love that I'm his mama and I know his many expressions.




 My eyes jumped from face to face to face as I watched smiles light up those little faces.




The rest of the day went off without a hitch.








There was a hayride where we spied evergreens quietly growing. Stretching their branches, waiting patiently for their moment to shine come December.




I watched as big brother secured little sister in the crook of his arm while they rambled along on the barrel ride.







And a slingshot pumpkin game. How fun!

Of course it wouldn't be a trip to Young's without ice cream.



In the end happiness won. Making fun, making memories. Just the way I like it.


Gotta love that!





Happy Friday!

XOXO,
Angie

1 comment:

  1. It's so much fun taking little ones to the pumpkin patch. You got some really cute pictures. Do you make your little girl's tops. This one is so cute.

    ReplyDelete