Monday, July 25, 2011

Hot Air Ballons, Curious George and Cookies

I love it when Joe calls me mid-afternoon and tells me to be ready by four. He had a surprise for us...and I love me a good surprise!

The surprise? The Hot Air Balloon Festival, and anyone who knows me knows I love a good festival. There's just something about all those people crammed together, walking around in the heat to celebrate...strawberries, sauerkraut, potatoes, even hot air balloons! Heck, I think I just like to celebrate.


First up, food. Because we all know festival food is the stuff dreams are made of.



Mmmm, baked beans and fresh lemonade.

And what would a festival be without the rides?







We even got a new hair bow, to boot!

We like to break the rules when it comes to summertime. So we had ourselves two dinners.





As the sun faded, so did the heat. The kids ran amok as Joe and I reclined in the soft grass.  It was like Fourth of July fireworks with all the "ooohing" and "ahhhhing" as the balloons lit up the night sky. It was a good day.


******

.
It's been a nice balance around here between going out and doing and staying in and taking it easy.  I like that balance. We don't always find it so when we do, it's really, really nice.




Reading Curious George on the couch.  I like watching the big one read to the little one. Sweet, sweet memories being made right there.



We made cookies for our friends. It was so much fun. A last minute idea that had as scurrying to Walmart and buying ingredients, Mason jars and ribbon. Our mission for the day was to be a blessing to the ones we love. Those cookies were made with love as Gabe poured and Isaac stirred. The best part was delivering them. It just feels good to make people smile.



And who can resist a good movie watched under a tent? It certainly isn't waisted on us. We told the boys to go upstairs, we would have a surprise for them when they came down. It wasn't much of a tent, and I'm sure there are more crafty supplies than duct tape and yarn but they thought it was perfect. They had their pillows, stuffed animals and blankets to sit back and enjoy the show with.

How did you spend your weekend?

Happy Monday out there :)

XOXO,
Angie

1 comment:

  1. Hey.... I recogonize that driveway:) Those cookies were sooo delicious! Thank you! They did make us smile!

    We went to the hot air balloon show when I was supper pregnant with Meggie... it was magical.
    Great memories!

    ReplyDelete